The selection of deep ultraviolet UVC LED Lights, like the selection of light effects, wavelengths, and light colors used by white light application makers is based on application situations. It is critical to determine the most important aspects of the application situation while constructing the scheme. Similarly, while choosing chip specifications, the packaging manufacturer should take these into account.
UVC LED Lights Specification:
The available deep ultraviolet UVC LED Lights optical power files span from 2 mW to 100 mW, according to the current UVC LED Lights market. The sterilizing effect and sterilization duration are prioritized when determining the optical power to be employed. At a distance of 2 cm, a 3 mW UVC LED Light with a 60° output angle has been shown to kill 99.99 percent of Escherichia coli on the surface in 10 seconds.
As a result, for humidifiers, ice machines, water dispensers, water tank antibacterial, smart toilets, and other similar static sterilization scenarios, UVC LED Lights with a power level of 24 mW are commonly used; for air purifiers, air conditioners, and other flowing air sterilization scenarios, such as direct drinking fountains, should have a total light power of at least 50100 mW. On the basis of the total mW, the cost of the solution may be estimated.
When selecting the peak wavelength of a UVC LED Lights, keep the following technical aspects in mind:
1. The best wavelength for sterilization is 265 nm, not 254 nm, which is the typical wavelength of low-pressure UV mercury lamps. UVC ultraviolet rays with a wavelength between 240 and 290 nm have a good sterilizing effect, as illustrated in Figure 1 (right).
2. The sterilization impact of UVC LED Lights is dependent on both the peak wavelength and the optical power. For example, a bactericidal effect of 270 nm is 30% better than a bactericidal effect of 280 nm; a 30% increase in light output is likewise 30% better. (The bactericidal effect of 2.6 mW 280 nm UVC-LED and 2 mW 270 nm UVC LED Lights is the same, therefore it may be converted.) However, because each manufacturer’s average peak wavelength is almost identical, optical power is the most essential indicator of the sterilization efficiency index.
You might also like: SP501E WiFi LED Controller Works with Amazon Alexa
The lamp bead life of deep ultraviolet LEDs is considered a key criterion for their product quality, similar to the arms race between major producers in the early white LED industry. I intend to teach readers that the greatest fit is the best using the lessons learned from white LEDs.
Identifying the real demands of application scenarios for the solution’s life duration is beneficial to lowering the solution’s cost and expanding the market potential. Take, for example, the major UVC-LED goods on the market. The maximum and minimum stated life spans are 15,000 and 2000 hours, respectively. But how long does it take to complete the application? If we examine product needs attentively, we will discover:
- Humidifier: 0.8 hours/day*30 days/month*8 months/year*3 years=576 hours.
- Direct drinking fountain: 20 minutes/day*30 days/month*12 months/year*5 years=600 hours.
- Water tank for water dispenser: 1 hour/day*30 days/month*12 months/year*3 years=1080 hours.
- Air conditioner: 2 hours/day*30 days/month*6 months/year*5 years=1800 hours (evaporator and filter sterilization program).
- Air purifier: 5 hours/day*30 days/month*12 months/year*3 years=5400 hours.
Do you think 10,000 hours of UVC LED Lights is better than 5,000 hours?
Calculate the lamp beads’ life requirements for the application scenarios, locate the most suitable lamp beads and pricing, and think that the UVC-value LED can be maximized from the suppliers’ and customers’ perspectives.
The horizontal light output ratio of the chip is larger than the vertical light output ratio due to the material features of the deep ultraviolet LED. As a result, the light output angle of a lamp bead with a flat lens is typically between 120 and 140 degrees (most manufacturers use this light output angle). When using a ball lens for packing, the light output angle may be adjusted between 60 and 140 degrees.
In fact, you may create enough lamp beads to entirely cover the sterilizing region you require, regardless of how large a UVC-LED is used. A tiny light exit angle, in particular, can make the light more concentrated, reducing the sterilization duration in settings that are not sensitive to the sterilization range.