LED Linear Lighting is a high-end flexible decorative light, which is characterized by low power consumption, high brightness, long life, maintenance-free, easy to bend, and so on. It is especially suitable for the outline of buildings, the production of billboards, and indoor and outdoor entertainment venues. From the perspective of the variety of linear lamp styles and installation methods: the linear lamp is a flexible product, not a standard linear lamp. The function of LED Linear Lighting is not so simple to define, because it has both the function of lighting and the function of visual art.
LED Linear Lighting just encapsulates many “light-emitting diodes” in a long and narrow shell to form a light strip. This simple concept has completely changed the way we illuminate spaces. These lights use long optical elements to distribute light in a narrow area. Usually, these lights are very long, can be hung from the ceiling, can also be surface mounted on the ceiling or wall, or embedded in the wall or ceiling.
Before the LED Linear Lighting concept appeared, it was very tricky and particularly troublesome to illuminate long spaces such as offices, warehouses, and retail spaces. These spaces are illuminated by some large industrial incandescent bulbs. In the 1950s, linear lighting began to develop, mainly fluorescent tubes used in some industrial spaces. By the 1970s, this technology had been applied to homes, workshops and garages, and retail spaces. This has further created a demand for lower costs and more beautiful lamps. It was impossible to produce continuous uninterrupted light before the LED because the fluorescent tube had to stop and began to leave black or dark spots.
The improved appearance did not appear until the beginning of 2000, we know the early version of LED Linear Lighting. The demand for LED Linear Lighting is very large and continues to grow. The difference now is that, with architectural lighting and LED technology, the application range of linear lights has been broadened. With the improvement of aesthetics and performance, standing out from the old traditional shell, and now beginning to use materials in a better way and adopting more advanced technologies, the industry continues to move forward.
Advantages of Line Lights:
- High energy saving: pollution-free energy saving energy is environmental protection. It is a DC drive that converts the ultra-low power consumption of the electro-optical power supply to nearly 100%. Compared with the same lighting effect, the line lamp can save more than 80% of energy than the traditional light source.
- Variety of varieties: LED Linear Lighting sources can use the principle of red, green, and blue three primary colors. Under the control of computer technology, the linear lamp can produce 256 gray levels of 3 colors, arbitrarily mixed to produce 256x256x256=16777216 different colors, forming different lights. It can change the combination of colors to achieve various images and dynamic effects.
- Long lifespan: Some people call LED Linear Lighting sources a longevity lamp, which means a lamp that never goes out. A solid cold light source, epoxy resin encapsulation, no filament in the lamp body, easy to burn, no loose parts, thermal deposition, light decay, and other shortcomings. The service life of the lamp tube can reach 60,000 to 100,000 hours, which is more than 10 times or even more than that of the traditional light source.
- Environmental protection: environmental protection benefits will be better. There is no infrared and ultraviolet in the spectrum, no heat, no radiation, little glare, no pollution, no mercury, safe to touch, waste recyclable, and cold light source, it is a typical green environmental protection light source.
Disadvantages of Line Lights:
- LED Linear Lighting cannot completely replace the incandescent lamp; the luminous flux, luminous efficiency, and color rendering are okay, but the current price is too expensive and will not drop in recent years. However, by increasing the luminous flux of the product, the cost of replacing incandescent lamps can be reduced.
- The LED linear lamp cannot simply be used as a common light source; its use must be driven by a power supply, optical devices, and heat conduction.
- LED linear lights will also generate heat and need to dissipate heat.